03 August 2012
i'm starting to feel like levine children's hospital is our second home. we took ransom there last night after his mild fever spiked to nearly 106 and he experienced febrile seizures. it was scary, but the doctors and nurses at levine are the best around, and ransom is okay today. positive for strep, on antibiotics, and constantly monitored for fever. josh set his alarm every couple hours last night to check ransom and give him medicine whenever he was feverish. with kids like this, you can't let their fevers just burn at 102 and 103 like you might if there weren't the risk of seizures. for ransom, we've got to keep his fever below 101.
everyone is sleeping right now, except me. the house is quiet for a few minutes.
and God is always good to us. always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm sorry. Hope things are set right soon! Your children are precious; I wish I could come visit sometime...
ReplyDeleteAnd don't forget the great pharmacists in all the hospitals!
ReplyDeletegood point! we need people like ray. (by the way, i didn't know you read my blog! yay:)
Delete