13 February 2015

dolls, etc

This is the best thing I've seen a while. It is unbelievable to me how difficult it is to find plain, sweet dolls for little girls. It took me a long time to find the right ones for Alethea when I was looking several months ago, but I finally settled on the old Snookums Mattel dolls from the 90's (not made anymore, unfortunately)-- I found two on ebay that were practically new. They are small, with heavy bean-bag bodies and sweet, sweet faces. Their eyes don't close (hate that) and they don't have hair that will get matted and gnarled.

If Alethea continues to love dolls I hope a manufacturer makes some plain, sweet ones like those from the video that this woman repainted. I know some people might think this is overkill, but there's no way my girls will have these sexualized dolls-- bratz, barbie, etc. Hurray for this mother and her artistic skills! (Also, who knew that you could erase a doll's face with nail polish remover?)

No comments:

Post a Comment