Isn't it funny how once you really start meditating on something you see it everywhere and wonder how you could have missed it before? It's like when you buy a kind of car you've never had before you suddenly see them all over the road.
A friend lent me a book last night, The Quotidian Mysteries, by Kathleen Norris. She is a beautiful writer, and this is no exception. At the front of the book Norris quotes Gregory of Nyssa speaking about the Lord's Prayer:
Let us remember that the life in which we ought to be interested is
"daily" life. We can, each of us, only call the present time our own...Our
Lord tells us to pray for today, and so he prevents us from tormenting
ourselves about tomorrow. It is as if[God] were to say to us: "[It is I] who
gives you this day [and] will also give you what you need for this day. [It is
I] who makes the sun to rise. [It is I] who scatters the darkness of night
and reveals to you the rays of the sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment