27 January 2014
A day in the 60s, and we spent most of it outside. The boys spent a long, long time looking under those cinder blocks by the fence. I think there were centipedes and other bugs... not sure how many of them survived the boys' exploring. I hung load after load of laundry on the line.
Tomorrow it's supposed to start snowing by noon and continue all day and into the night. We're crossing our fingers.
I've started racking my brain as to what snow-appropriate attire we might have--not much, I'm afraid. I'll start pulling things out in the morning. Multiple layers of regular pants will have to do, warm sock in tennis shoes, a pair of gloves, and a hat. It's going to be a cold, wet, messy day tomorrow, and something tells me I'll be spending most of it outside. I remember that frantic need to get outside before the snow melted, and I know the boys will be aching to be out in it. Of course I'd rather be by a fire with tea and a book-- but there's none of that when there's little kids around. This will likely be the only snow we see this winter, so we've got to soak up every moment.
I'm hoping we'll make it to the grocery store before it starts snowing tomorrow. I'm thinking up some treats we can make while we're snowed in.
Here I am talking about it all like it's a sure thing. It does say 90% chance of snow on the weather site, but you just never can be sure until you see those white flakes... if Josh can just have a snow day, that's all I really care about: to be cozied up inside with him and the babies and lots of good picture books and some hot chocolate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment