15 September 2013

Reading again.

Oops! Link fixed.

A few things I've been reading lately--

This from Christianity Today. Finally, a Christian organization taking the difficult stance and  drawing some much-needed lines on issues of IVF, surrogacy, and other similar issues.

I cannot wait for Marilynne Robinson's new novel, Lila. I read Gilead and Home years ago, and as anyone who was captured by those stories--especially the history of Ames--I've always wondered where his much younger wife came from and what her particular story was.

And this from the Circe Institute blog: The heart of a child

Now that baby girl is going to bed by 8pm, I actually have time for reading again. I've been reading some Brett Lott and lots of Frederica Mathewes-Green. I am thinking about taking up knitting again, but that might have to wait until all the kids are going to bed by 7.

Image posted their top 25 contemporary writers of faith which has given me a treasure-trove of new authors to begin reading. Like Greg Wolfe, though, I would have to disagree with the statement from the First Things article on being sick of Flannery O'Connor. Even after reading and teaching her stories for years, i still read and love them. There are few authors who have affected me as deeply.





No comments:

Post a Comment