i've chopped all my hair off. for two main reasons.
one, most importantly, my husband loves short hair on women. i'm not sure how i married the only man in the world who prefers short hair to long, but i did. (Don't most men wail about their women chopping off their hair shortly after getting married??)
two, though chopping it off was hard, i was ready for a change. my hair was getting out of the little control i ever have of it, and i was tired of feeling like that woman. you know, the one who goes to the grocery store in her sweats and slippers and has two snotty-nosed children in tow and another one obviously on the way. the one for whose husband we all feel a great deal of sympathy because his wife has clearly let herself go after bearing his children.
besides, i have this recurring nightmarish vision that any time i go out like that will be the time we run in to josh's old buddy i haven't met. or his ex-girlfriend. or someone like that-- and i would want to sink into the floor, but would have to stand there while he introduced me. and that person would walk away, feeling that sympathy for josh. unacceptable.
so, to remedy all this, i cut my hair off. josh is wild over it, so #1 is good. i'm not sure it remedied #2, but at least it's a cute hair cut that's sort of trendy and i look a little like i'm trying.
as a side note, props to my husband for taking me shopping at gap maternity for my christmas present. i've never been pregnant past october before and have been in desperate need of winter maternity things. so, complete with a few key pieces of clothing (and are flattering as only gapmaternity is), #2 is on its way to being taken care of, too. though, i still wear my slippers constantly.
A picture, please?
ReplyDeleteYes, a picture! I have often wished I could chop my hair, but it is so thick and so much that I'm afraid I'd look like a mushroom (and not a cute one.). It does seem like it would make life easier. Instead I've figured out a sort of schedule to keep me out of that horrendous pony tail every day spiral that I was in for so long out of necessity. Who has time to blow dry daily? Not me. Anyway, I'd love to see a pic of your new non-frumpy hair!
ReplyDeleteooh i understand the mushroom fear. the girl thinned about half my hair out once she'd cut the length off (and i DID look like a mushroom). also, a confession: i don't wash my hair every day. or every other day. it looks best on day 3. i guess it needs some oils to weigh it down! i'll post a picture. :)
Delete#1 is a VERY good reason. :) I too feel like I'm "that lady" who goes shopping in sweats/yoga pants and t-shirts with just my hair tied back in a pony tail. Thankfully, my husband does not seem to mind, but I've been thinking about donating my hair, but have yet to do it.
ReplyDelete