this recipe comes from josh's grandmother who passed away several years ago. it is the most delicious banana anything i have ever eaten. i don't think i'll make banana bread ever again...
blend together in a small bowl:
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
blend together in a larger bowl:
2 cups flour (i use white whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. then, stir in:
1 (heaping) cup mashed banana
3/4 cup sour milk (or just milk if you don't have any lemon juice to make it sour)
1 tsp vanilla
shredded sweetened coconut
chocolate chips
bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
i would post a picture but i ate it too fast.
What kind of pan do you put this it in?
ReplyDeleteKathryn
hey kathryn, just a sheet cake pan. i do it in a glass one.
ReplyDeleteMan, I cried when I read this...it was the first time I ever read about someone's grandma in the 3rd person who ended up being my gramma, too. Thanks for sharing some rich family history...I'm gonna make it today. Xoxo
ReplyDelete